Your college essay will hold out the rest of your application. Take time to write a compelling essay that will help you stand out from a hundred hopefuls. It is your one chance to show the admission board why you deserve a slot.
Your essay should show the admission board the person behind the As or Ds. It should allow them not just a glimpse, but also a complete understanding of your personality, values, aspirations, and your commitment.
But do not confuse your college essay with a resume or an autobiography. Listing down your accomplishments and honors in high school does not automatically equal a good college essay. Here are a few tips to help you come up with a readable and effective essay.
* Write it yourself. Having someone else write it for you will not be a good idea. A good essay should carry your voice – not your dad’s or your uncle’s. Remember: the biggest crime in writing college essays is trying to sound like a 40-something professional when you are only 17.
* Do not write to impress, write to express. Do not inflate your accomplishments. Writing about what you think the admission staff wants to hear is not a good idea either. pay for essay reddit Talking about the current political situation will not be as interesting as your own experiences. Write about what you know by heart.
* Be specific. Avoid general statements, clichés, and predictable writing. Instead, use specific details in describing your experiences or articulating your ideas.
* Inject passion and creativity into your work to avoid a boring, monotonous tone. Show intellectual curiosity and knowledge with a blend of creativity. Talk about your passion for your career choice. The admission officer will be reading your essay from the hundreds or thousands of others. At the end of the day, what t he will remember is the one that moved him with infectious passion and youthful enthusiasm.
* Organize your essay. It is important to have your point reflected in an interesting introduction, a clear body and a sealed conclusion.
* Proofread. There is no room for typos and grammatical errors in your essays. Read and re-read your work until you are satisfied with it. Then have someone else read it just to be on the safe side.